Physiotherapist (Senior Clinician) - Palliative Care
- Opportunity to develop specialist skills in a supported work environment
- Enjoy a role where you’ll be an active part of an innovative health care team
- Temporary Full Time – 76 hours per fortnight (20/09/21-23/12/21)
About the facility
Barwon Health Palliative Care provides palliative care nursing, medical, allied health and volunteer services within a framework of integrated health service integrating community, inpatient as well as an acute consultative service. The model of palliative care is based on level of need and targets patients with complex care needs.
About the role
As the successful candidate you will act as a high-functioning team-member working in an interdisciplinary role in both Palliative Care Services providing the following:
- Clinical leadership to ensure the provision of safe, high quality physiotherapy services in the Barwon Health Palliative Care Program.
- Monitoring, analysis and development of services in palliative care within the expectations of the Barwon Health Strategic Plan and the Palliative Care Program Service Plan
- Flexible and responsive physiotherapy services in palliative care, applying evidence based, informed, client centred care within a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Work effectively as a member of the highly performing inter-professional teams providing patient care across the Palliative Care program.
- Physiotherapy and inter-professional teaching, supervision, support and development of students.
Please note this role does not begin until September and is for 14 weeks.
About the culture
We are an enthusiastic, energetic and focused team who work cohesively together. We promote positive respectful relationships and strong working partnerships in the workplace and in the community. As a team we are focussed on providing the highest quality patient centred care. Everything we do centres all our services on the patient and is guided by our driving values of respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at email@example.com noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: