Critical Care Registered Nurse - Grade 2 (Casual)
- Be a part of a multidisciplinary team striving for excellence
- Enjoy a flexible and healthy work/life balance in this casual position
- Challenge yourself in a mixed adult and paediatric ICU
- Grow and develop your talents and capabilities within a supportive unit with fantastic professional development opportunities
About the facility
The Barwon Health ICU is a 24-bed ICU, providing tertiary critical care services to the Barwon South Western region. The ICU cares for medical, surgical, and cardiothoracic adults, as well as collaborative programs to care for adult ECMO and critically ill children. The ICU unit supplies a central vascular access and critical care echocardiography service to Barwon Health. The ICU is actively involved in clinical research, critical care education for Deakin School of Medicine, and education and training of junior doctors and nurses.
About the role
As the Registered Nurse you are responsible for the provision of patient focused holistic nursing care to those assigned to you, in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Providing quality patient care using evidence based approach and in line with Barwon Health Policy and Procedure.
- Delivery of consumer centred care that meets best practice standards
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure patients receive quality ongoing care.
The successful applicant will be an experienced ICU nurse with excellent communication skills and a desire to plan and deliver high quality patient centred care. You will possess sound clinical knowledge and experience in acute nursing.
About the culture
The Barwon Health ICU strives to achieve a culture of patient-centred care through respect, compassion, accountability, and innovation. The ICU consultant staff contribute to this through a team based approach that promotes these goals. The successful applicant will be supported through leadership training, and professional development planning to help them realise their goals. This culture has created a dynamic environment where high quality care is delivered.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: